SAT TIPS AND TRICKS
An admission in any of the U.S University requires you to pass SAT tests. Students applying for undergraduate programs require appearing for these tests and getting a good score. Students can register for SAT scores for free online. You can create customized courses for preparing for this exam with many online options available. Online mock and practice tests are available online across more than 100 countries. You can sign up for free registration and learn the course material in these tests. There is no time limit to learning the course through the knowledge base and un
- POST BY:ADMIN
September 23, 2018
Tips to get a better score at SAT
· Choose answers that are precise and clear.
· Do not use verbose language in answering any questions.
· Answers that give you the choice of ‘No Change’ must be used carefully.
· Always double check the answers before you use them.
· Give less of your opinions and focus more on the argument of the author’s perspective.
· Essays must be at least two pages long and must cover all the points.
· The introduction and conclusion must be clear.
· Read the first para and conclusion and skim through the passages.
· This saves time and you get the gist of what the author has to say.
· Choose answers only which have direct evidence given in the reading passage.
Some more strategies to score well in SAT
You can take the SAT practice test as many times as possible before taking the final exam. You must always spend some time in double checking your answers before you hop on to other sections. When writing essays do not make it about you and analyze it from the author’s point of view. In solving math problems, use diagrams. When it comes to solving tough questions, ignore them and choose the simple ones to answer. This will save your time.
Never attempt every practice test at once
Optimal practice materials available online are limited. Therefore, use them wisely. It means move to another practice test only after reviewing your errors from preceding one, thoroughly. Re-do the questions, which were tough and then move to the next test.
Time management is essential in getting a good score
Answer the questions using strategies that save your time. If you know that some questions are going to take longer to answer, skip that and attempt questions that you can answer correctly in short span of time.
· PSAT practice tests
PSAT practice tests are not perfect match but closely mimics the new SAT. The style of the paper is very much same you will experience on test day.
· Unofficial free tests
These are also good resources for students doing plenty of prep and need extra study material. However, as these are unofficial tests you need to be careful.
· As these are free the quality is not up to the standard as paid ones.
· Testing is not conducted like the one you will experience on real SAT.
Such tests are helpful for those, who are already high scorer. However, search on the internet you are sure to get tips on how to use unofficial tests.